Welcome to St James Medical Centre
The new St James Medical Centre opened in 1991 and was converted from a 1960’s house on the site of the Shandon Estate Waterworks and situated in the St James area of the town. The practice, started in the 1920s by Dr R A Walter, has seen many changes of premises and personnel over the years. There are now three partners in the practice along with a GP associate, two practice nurses, a practice manager and a team of receptionists and secretarial staff. A health visitor, community midwife, community nurses, phlebotomist, counsellor and psychologist are attached to the practice. Also, there will be other doctors here occasionally to support the partners.
We hold regular flu clinics. Please phone 01892 541634 to book a flu vaccination. Only patients who are eligible may have a flu vaccination at the GP surgery.
It is recommended that you have a flu jab if you:
- are 65 years old or over
- are pregnant
- have a serious medical condition
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility (not including prisons, young offender institutions or university halls of residence)
- are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- are a frontline health or social care worker
If you are the parent of a child who is over six months old and has a long-term condition on the list below, speak to your GP about the flu vaccine. Your child's condition may get worse if they catch flu.
People with medical conditions
- chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, COPD or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- chronic neurological disease, such as a stroke, TIA or post-polio syndrome
- a weakened immune system due to conditions such as HIV, or treatments that suppress the immune system such as chemotherapy
Ordering Repeat Prescriptions and Booking Appointments
You can now book appointments or
order your repeat prescriptions online.
You will need to contact reception
to sign up to use this service.
CLICK HERE >>>>
Repeat Prescriptions via EMAIL
You can send an email ordering your repeat prescriptions by clicking here.
CLICK HERE >>>>
|Dr Jane E Hester
||MB BS (London 1990) FRCS MRCGP DRCOG
|Dr Matthew J Edwards
||MB ChB (Leicester 2002) MRCGP
|Dr Elizabeth J Hall
||MRCGP MB BA (BSc) DRCOG DGM
The surgery has facilities which make it fully accessible to those with disabilities.
The practice would like to thank the various advertisers who have helped to produce this Website. However, it must be pointed out that the accuracy of any statements cannot be warranted, nor any products or services advertised, be guaranteed or endorsed.